Snoring is a sound that is usually emitted when a person is sleeping. While we sleep, our airways tend to get relaxed which leads to them narrowing. When this narrowing occurs, the inhalation and exhalation of air is somewhat blocked. The continuous opening and closing of the airways causes the tissues in the throat to vibrate and as a result the snoring sound is emitted and heard.
Is There A Way To Instantly Stop Snoring?
No. Unfortunately, snoring is not a phenomenon which can be controlled instantly with therapeutic intervention. However, this should not be a reason to lose heart as there are various tips, tricks and lifestyle changes which can help reduce the severity of snoring. Following are the different ways of lifestyle changes in order to stop snoring:
- Start Losing Weight:This helps reduce the fatty tissues at the back of the throat which in turn reduces snoring.
- Exercise Regularly: This helps tone the throat muscles, which in turns helps reduce snoring.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking has played and is playing a great role in blocking air passages. Once stopped, you will snore less gradually.
- Alcohol Consumption: Avoid the consumption of alcohol and other sleeping drugs or sedatives.
- Sleep Regularly: It is important to establish a proper sleeping routine and have an adequate amount of sleep. This will not only help with snoring, but assure a healthy and happy lifestyle.
Bedtime Remedies and Tips
As mentioned above, there are various tips and remedies which can help fight the discomforting sounds of snoring. Following are the bedtime remedies that might be help to help reduce your struggle:
- Use an Air Humidifier to keep the bedroom air moist
- Change your sleeping position into something more comfortable
- Make sure your nasal passages are clear and free of allergens
- Avoid heavy meals and caffeine right before bedtime