Mattress options are growing day by day, putting people in trouble as to which one suits their requirements. Most of you who have visited mattress showrooms know that is is far too complicated to choose the best mattress. You have a range of options: firm or plush, innerspring or memory foam, box spring or platform bed. Then there are model numbers to make our job more difficult. Finally, when you tally the cost, it stretches to thousands of dollars. This is why you have several different online options to cut unnecessary cost and give you best sleep options.
But before you read about these online services, you should know how to purchase mattresses online. These tips will help you make a better decision:
Three Things to Know Before Buying Mattress Online
1. Read Customer Reviews
To know about the performance of a particular mattress, online reviews help a great deal. In fact, most of the retailers encourage customers to finalize a mattress after considering its pros and cons. Apart from the reviews, consider aggregate rating as well. Compare mattress description with customer experience and your own preferences before finalizing a mattress.
2. Decide what type of mattress do you need. For example innerspring mattresses are different than memory foam or latex mattresses and have different pros and cons.
3. Prefer Registered Retailers
Retailers who are registered with Better Business Bureau take consumer complaints seriously. Instead of the nature of complaints, see how retailers respond and rectify them. You can also look into their Facebook and Twitter pages to see how popular they are.
4. Read Return Policy
What if the mattress you bought proved to be uncomfortable? Can you return it? It is highly important to check the return policy on retailer’s website. Some retailers want you to take the mattress to local outlet, whereas some of them arrange a pick up at your doorstep. Check whether you can claim for refund with little deduction. Normally, there is a restocking fees involved.
Benefit of Buying Mattress Online
The best thing you can get via e-commerce store is affordable price and highly competitive rates. But you cannot touch the mattress and feel its firmness or softness unless you buy it. To make online purchase a better option, sellers offer other benefits.
- You have convenience to shop at home
- You will not have anyone constantly urging you to buy a certain mattress. You’re all on your own to make the best decision.
- You will have price benefits as well. Online mattresses normally cost 15% less than showroom mattresses. You can avoid following costs:
- Sales Tax: you can avoid 7% tax by purchasing mattress online
- Free Delivery: this service is more common with online retailers
Where to Buy
- Casper.com offers cheap mattresses with price starting from $500 (for twin mattress). The company also offers free shipping in the U.S. and Canada. The online store also offers 100-night trial and offers complete refund if the customer is not satisfied. You can visit Casper showroom in New York and Los Angeles.
- Tuft & Needle is another store that offers top quality brands and offers good prices. The online store provides 30-night trial to its customers. The company has its showroom in Phoenix.
Some other popular options are Amazon or manufacturer’s own website.